All group rides will leave from and finish at the shop.
Group rides start at 7:00 a.m. The time listed is the time we will be leaving the shop. Please plan to be there with enough time to get all of your gear situated before the ride starts.
The group rides are just that – an opportunity to go on a ride with friends or make new friends who enjoy the sport. Just because we are riding in a group does not make cycling any less dangerous. We obviously cannot control the weather, the behavior of other cyclists, vehicles on the road, or road conditions. Please keep alert and ride at a pace that you feel is safe. HMS Bikes is not responsible for your safety on these rides, each rider is responsible for his or her own safety.
1) If you have never ridden in a group before, let us know, we will happy to discuss “group etiquette.”
2) Depending on group size, we will try to break the ride into beginner, intermediate, and advanced groups. This way everyone will be able to enjoy the ride.
3) We will have the shop doors open for 20 minutes before the ride starts in case you forgot tubes or snacks and need to stock up.
4) Please keep these rides fun and welcoming. Although we hope to have advanced riders join us, this is NOT a competitive group ride. If you are an advanced rider, take the opportunity to help out or give pointers to someone who may be new to the sport. Remember, we all start somewhere.
5) Please be sure to bring enough water for the rides in the hot months!
Current Bike Routes & Dates (Click on the links to download from Strava):
March 16: Tangerine-Rancho Vistoso-Dove Mtn Loop
March 23: Rachel’s Loop
March 30: Tunnel/Ritz Combo
April 6: Loop South to 29th